Shoyu Base: 2 Organic Carrots, 1/2 Organic Onion, 3 Organic Spring onions ,1 Organic Apple With the Skin on 2 Celery Stalks, 5 Organic Garlic Cloves, 1 Organic lemon ,5 Dry Shiitake Mushrooms 4 tsp – grass fed butter 2.2 Litres Ossa Organic Chicken Stock 175 Clear Spring Gluten free Teriyaki Sauce or (preferably) use Cocofina Coconut Amino Sauce from: https://www.fairhaven.co.uk/Cocofina-Coconut-Amino-5060118260845-4465/ 2 Tbsp Salt 1/2 Tsp white pepper 1 Bay Leaf
Icelandic Water: For Maximum minerals and lowest deuterium make sure the base of your Ramen Recipes is a the best quality water you can afford for me living in the UK this is Icelandic Water : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Icelandic-Glacial-Sparkling-Water-Glass/dp/B0777GJVFR/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=Icelandic+glacial+premium+water&qid=1619375005&s=grocery&sr=1-10 Please just don’t use tap water whatever you do as its high in contaminants even when put through a filter .
Making The Shoyu Base recipe :
- In a crock pot/slow cooker combine the grass fed butter, carrots , onions, green onions, apple , celery, garlic and shiitake mushrooms in with the Icelandic water.
- Add a whole chicken organic chicken (I didn’t do this in the cooking video but I believe for flavour this optimal), lemon then pour over chicken stock followed by soy sauce, salt , pepper , bay leaf the stock should almost cover the chicken.
- Cook for 10 hours . If using a large dutch oven or pot bring to a boil over a high heat and set in an oven preheated for 90 C for 8-10 hours.
- With a slotted spoon remove all of the larger solids and discard then strain the remaining solids.
- Pour 2 cups (500ml) over each bowl of Noodles. Top each bowl with desired toppings.
For the Ajitsuke Tamago 4 Step Recipe : 235 ml Coconut Amino Sauce 1 TSP Organic Minced Garlic 120 ML ClearSpring Organic Mirin (if not on strict Keto, if on 0 carbs Keto then I’d Omit this) 6 organic outdoor bread eggs.
1. In a Medium sauce over high head whisk together the shoe,ginger, and garlic in a medium saucepan once the mixture starts bubbling remove from the heat. Stir in the miring and cool to room temperature or refrigerate for at least one 1 hour
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil with a slotted spoon or a Chinese strainer gently add the eggs to the boiling water and immediately set a timer for 6.5 minutes.
3. While the eggs are cooking prepare an ice bath for them. When the eggs are done, immediately transfer them to the ice bath. Let them cool in the ice bath for about 10 minutes, then remove the eggs and peel them.
4. In a shallow container that is deep enough for the eggs to be covered in the liquid combine 700 ml water and 1 cup of teriyaki sauce add your eggs cover them with a paper towel , press the paper towel down so its touching the top of the eggs the weight of the paper towel will help the eggs marinate on all sides. Let them marinate in the refrigerator for two days. Remove the eggs from their soaking liquid and cut each one in half with a very sharp knife .
Noodles: For Strict Keto I recommend : Organic Shirataki Noodles : https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-organic-konjac-noodles-60033675?skuid=033675&utm_campaign=shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&gclid=Cj0KCQjwppSEBhCGARIsANIs4p5Yynei0qtp0ETHjbP2Ht0q3ncOXDnDdJIQVMhQ9A0Tnc2mko5AkrUaAnNMEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds Or for those not doing Keto Organic Rice Noodles is also a healthy alternative for those on carb refeeds. Cook said Noodles for around 4-6 minutes.
Chicken Breast: I prefer Eversfield Organic Chicken breast or Daylesford Organic: https://www.eversfieldorganic.co.uk/buy/chicken-breast-fillets-boneless-skinless_246.htm cooked in Grass Fed Butter /Coconut Oil Slowly cook the chicken breast in the Grass Fed Butter or oil. For Plating Start with the Broth and Noodles then add the eggs and chicken.